Ask your Senator to Demand the White House Strengthen Justice40
President Biden announced his interim Justice40 Initiative in 2021 which will send 40% of Federal investment benefits to frontline communities. We're glad to see President Biden engaging on environmental justice. Now we need him to strengthen his guidance before it is finalized.
Representative Maloney and Senator Markey are leading a letter calling on the White House to strengthen its Justice 40 Initiative by:
- Directing funding to communities that are most vulnerable to historic discrimination, pollution, and climate change.
- Ensuring that Justive40 creates good paying jobs in frontline communities that adhere to strong labor standards and prioritize hiring frontline workers in those communities.
- Ensuring that all federal investments “do no harm” to disadvantaged communities and require agencies to publicly report impact assessments.
- Requiring all agencies to implement Justice40 initiatives quickly and comprehensively.
President Biden has the authority to create a Justice 40 initiative that directs funds to frontline communities, creates jobs, centers justice, and gets done quickly! But he needs to hear from Congress!
That means we need as many Senators as possible to sign on to Rep. Maloney and Sen. Markey’s letter. Call now to make sure your Senator has signed on!
Fill out this form to be connected with your Senators! Providing your street address helps us target your call.
By providing your cell phone number, you agree to receive calls and texts about important updates, ways to take action, and information about events in your area from Indivisible, approximately 3 to 5 times a month. Message & data rates may apply. Reply with STOP to quit receiving texts at any time.
Your phone will be ringing shortly...
Please make sure you have your phone nearby, and that volume is turned up.
Call now to make sure your Senator has signed on!
Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME] and I am from [CITY/STATE]. I’m encouraging [Senator Name] to sign onto the letter from Rep. Maloney and Sen. Markey demanding the President strengthen the implementation of the Justice40 Initiative by:
- Giving money directly to frontline communities;
- Creating good jobs in frontline communities:
- Ensuring investments ‘do no harm’ and requiring agencies to publicly report impacts of federally funded projects;
- Requiring agencies to move quickly!
Will [Senator Name] sign on to this letter? You can contact Arthur Bowman at Arthur_Bowman@markey.senate.gov in Sen. Markey’s office to sign the letter.
Your call to support a strong Justice40 Initiative makes all the difference! Call as many times as you can today and tell all your friends to call!