FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 9, 2022
Contact: Emily Phelps | email@example.com
Washington, D.C. — Indivisible Action and Indivisible activists across Pennsylvania, are celebrating John Fetterman’s victory over Dr. Oz in the Pennsylvania Senate race, a key state in maintaining the Senate majority. Leah Greenberg, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director of Indivisible released the following statement:
“John Fetterman’s victory is not only a rejection of MAGA extremism in Pennsylvania, it is a full blown embrace of Fetterman’s progressive, people-first campaign. Fetterman had a tough race – from ruthless, low blow attacks by Oz and MAGA republicans going all in against him – but he matched Oz with tenacity and humor, and energized voters in every corner of the state,” said Leah Greenberg, co-founder and co-executive director of Indivisible. “This victory is a testament to the months of multifaceted and fierce work done by Pennsylvania Indivisibles and Senator-Elect Fetterman. They did not avoid the tough topics or let Oz and MAGA extremists dominate the narrative. They put Oz on the defense by bringing his fakeness to the surface and taking the fight straight to him. This victory is monumental, and it’s put a sizable fracture in the MAGA machine.”
Indivisible activists across Pennsylvania have been with Senator-Elect Fetterman from the beginning. Indivisible Action and the Indivisible network across the country has been proud to back them up through the Give No Ground Project.
About Indivisible’s volunteer voter contact impact in Pennsylvania:
- Activists across the country sent over 1,593,676 texts, and made nearly 66,139 calls
- Pennsylvania Indivisibles knocked on nearly 13,000 doors using Indivisible's tools, in addition to many that individuals knocked as direct volunteers for the campaign
How Indivisibles helped call attention to Oz’s extremism and mocked his out-of touch moments: Indivisible has been piloting supporting local activists in getting viral attention on Republicans’ extremism in PA and AZ, (see: POLITICO.) Here are some examples:
- Catching Oz Running Away from Abortion Questions: In August, Indivisible MayDay activists confronted Dr. Oz at a campaign event at Logan's Quick Lunch in Dubois, North Central PA. They caught Dr. Oz on video running away as they asked him about the economy and abortion rights, and they captured cops arriving after Dr. Oz’s campaign staff called the cops on them.
- Mocking Oz’s out-of-touch vegetable moment: Members of Indivisible MayDay also targeted Dr. Oz after his crudite comments by dressing up as vegetables. Fetterman’s campaign quickly picked up on this, and shared it on his social media and had them front stage at his campaign event.
- Floating Oz back to New Jersey on the Delaware River: Activists from Pennsylvania partnered with New Jersey activists for a floating rally where they sent a cardboard cutout of Dr. Oz back to New Jersey on the Delaware RIver.
# # #